Real Good Poem Prize
Opens: June 01, 2018
Deadline: June 30, 2018
Our annual single poem contest. $2,000 for the winning poem, plus 25 original limited edition broadsides and publication in Rabbit Catastrophe Review. Finalists may also be published in RCR. Send up to three of your best REAL GOOD POEMS.
A fee of $20 includes a one year subscription to Rabbit Catastrophe Review. It also includes you in the RabCat community. All members receive feedback on their regular, non-contest submissions to RCR.
Rabbit Catastrophe Press in dedicated to publishing writers marginalized from mainstream literary communities. If you are queer, of color, trans, differently abled, or otherwise commonly excluded, we encourage you to submit. Any optional, personal information is welcome in your cover letter and will be kept confidential. While our goal is to find and celebrate an exceptional poem, we want to make it clear that Rabbit Catastrophe is a welcoming place for all writers.
The winner will be announced August 2017.
Rabbit Catastrophe Press is committed to providing professionalizing opportunities for writers outside of the academy.
All submissions should be sent HERE. Emailed submissions will not be considered.
- No previously published works accepted for publication.
- Poems must be written in English. If the work is a translation, we must have the written consent of the original author, and the original work must have not been previously published in English. If a translation is chosen as the winner, both the English and non-English versions will be printed together, and the original author and translator will equally share prize money and other awards.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but we must be notified immediately if any poems are accepted elsewhere.
- No cover sheet in your document is needed. Blind submissions are never really blind, so we are not even going to pretend. Any optional, personal information is welcome in your Submittable cover letter and will be kept confidential.
- Multiple entries by a single poet are accepted. Each group of three poems must be treated as a separate entry, each with an additional $20 fee. Each additional entry will add an extra year to your subscription.
- Close friends and family of the Rabbit Catastrophe Press / Workhorse staff are ineligible. We define close friend as anyone we would invite to a slumber party.
2017 - Kayleb Rae Candrilli
2016 - Jami Macarty